Speed Cameras - POI - MMI Update

4 replies to this topic

#1 Icemintb

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:43 PM

Hi All,

has anyone here updated the POI with speed camera locations ( from pocketgpsworld for example)? I have a MMI 3G Plus ( SQ5)

Kind Regards

Costa

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 zebbydog

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Locationthe Midlands UK

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:55 PM

As far as I know audi sat navs do not have speed camera warnings as they are not allowed in the country they are made in

#3 audiq5uk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

surely if they are poi then does it not just ping ?

audi do poi do they not ? would be interested in this too
did similar thing with kenwood garmin system in a4 had to insert the file in a certain folder ........ hopefully better then nothing :)

#4 Snow Man

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:53 AM

On the newer generations of Audi cars (so will work on the new Q5 when it lands) its pretty easy to do, you import them into myaudi and generate a package you can take to the car. insert into car and upload. Only visual alerts, no beeps.

#5 marinemw

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationDarwin, Australia

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

I have imported "personal poi's" (pocketgpsworld speed-cams) into the VW RNS510 and also the VW latest "Pro-Nav" (thro the VW germany website, they have a feature to convert TomTom/Garmin/other formats) which are installed on a SD Card then imported to the units mentioned. My VW "Pro-Nav" unit also features a sound chime approx 200-300m from the cameras but the sound option is not possible for the RNS510.

Does anyone have experience with the Audi MMI for a '14 SQ5 or similar?
MY14 Audi SQ5, Daytona Grey, MMI, B&O, Factory Towbar, Privacy Glass, Zenons, Kufatec Sound, Racechip Pro2
MY08 VW Golf tdiGT 170, White, Fully optioned
Lotus 7, Red, 4AGE, L/Slip, 5-Speed, HKS Mods
MY16 VW Passat BiTdi GT 4Motion, Blue, Pro-Nav, LED's, Adapt. Cruise, Keyless, Privacy Glass, Fully Optioned (in UK)
M'Bikes and other toys
Licensed VCDS (Vagcom)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users