MMI Firmware Versions

30 replies to this topic

#1 JW_Q5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:09 PM

My car is booked in for a service in a few days’ time.

Since I’m still getting occasional problems with incorrect lane exit guidance of the Sat Nav on traffic roundabouts :roll: I’ve asked the garage to update the MMI firmware.

I’ll report on the version used in due course but I was wondering which version appears to be the latest one :?:

As such could I ask any lucky new Q5 owners or anyone who has had a recent firmware upgrade to check please :?:
Audi Q5 S-Line 2.0 TDI, Daytona Grey, Tech & Storage Packs, Telephone Preparation Low, Hill Hold Assist, Lane Assist, Parking System Advanced, Tyre Press Monitor, 3-Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Interior Light Pack, Panoramic Sunroof

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 JW_Q5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

View PostJW_Q5, on 18 June 2011 - 10:09 PM, said:

My car is booked in for a service in a few days’ time.

Since I’m still getting occasional problems with incorrect lane exit guidance of the Sat Nav on traffic roundabouts :roll: I’ve asked the garage to update the MMI firmware.

I’ll report on the version used in due course but I was wondering which version appears to be the latest one :?:

As such could I ask any lucky new Q5 owners or anyone who has had a recent firmware upgrade to check please :?:

Given that my request for information has received no response perhaps some owners don’t know how to display their firmware version :?:

Here’s how:
Press the ‘Setup’ button near the gear lever / selector
Select ‘Settings’ on MMI menu
Select ‘Version Information’

My current (very old) Software Version is:
HNav_EU_K0022_2_D1

Hopefully after Monday’s service my updated firmware will cure the incorrect navigation commands…..
Audi Q5 S-Line 2.0 TDI, Daytona Grey, Tech & Storage Packs, Telephone Preparation Low, Hill Hold Assist, Lane Assist, Parking System Advanced, Tyre Press Monitor, 3-Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Interior Light Pack, Panoramic Sunroof

#3 Secret Squirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBuckinghamshire, UK

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

Hi JW_Q5

I posted some details of the latest ECU & MMI versions a few weeks ago.

Here is a copy of the post, not sure which Q5 Version you have, so some may not be relevant:

I had my first service this week and can report a few recalls relating to 3.0 TDi's.

1. Recall 26G4 is an ECU upgrade for 3.0TDI's. According to the A5 owners club site it is related to a cooling mod but also provides slightly more more power and slightly improved economy. It does however come with a big but.... A number of A4 3.0 TDI owners report this update deletes any third part mapping updates and locks down the ECU so they can be applied / re-applied. I have only done 50 miles since the update was applied, so to early to comment on the economy or power comments from A5 owners (www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-performance-mods/15768-audi-uk-264g-ecu.html.) That said the mating with the S-Tronic seems smoother and the sluggishness when slowing down and then pulling away seems much better. All in all (over 50 miles) there engine / transmission seems a little smoother and slightly more eager.

2. There is now a formal recall for water pumps. If anyone is concerned about their water pump they should call there dealer to check serial numbers against the recall. So, no longer do you have to wait for your coolant to replenish the shrinking water supplies before having your water pump replaced.

3. Sat Nav Maps 2010 are out, and also a fix for the famous turn right on a round-a-bout bug. Not sure what the fix number is, but the version numbers I have are: Software version: HNav_EU_K0031_3_D1; Nav. Database Version: 8R0060884R ECE 5.11.7.

4. I have heard that the new A7 & A8 and the 2012 A6 have 7 digit post code Sat Nav's. If this is true it may be that a patch will come out for us humble 5 Digit operators; though knowing Audi it will come out on new models only.

Regards
Secret Squirrel

#4 JW_Q5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

Hi Secret Squirrel

Thanks for your reply – exactly the information I was looking for. By the look of it my current firmware version (K0022) has been superseded quite considerably (K0031).

I have the 2.0TDi engine but I’m sure that the other information, particularly the water pump recall, will be most useful to owners of the 3.0TDi engine.

Did you get the 2010 map update when you had your recent service? If so I guess this was additionally chargeable?

#5 Secret Squirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBuckinghamshire, UK

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

The 2010 Map update was "Gifted" to me by the dealer because of the delays in repairing by shredded water pump.

There is possible rumour that the 2011 / 2012 Map update will include 7 Digit post code search. Audi have, apparently, loaded this on to the new A7 and the new A6 has it as well. This ays to me that Audi can now provide 7 digit post code searches, it just a matter of wanting to if the MMI is up to it. We live in hope - It is my only gripe with the car.

#6 JW_Q5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:31 PM

Well my Q5 went in for its first service today (2 years, 16,500 miles) at 09:00am and eventually came out at 15:30 with a new ball joint to cure a creaking noise (see my separate post).

Despite asking the service department to update the MMI firmware to resolve the GPS navigation commands when the booking was made about 10 days ago, and following this up with emails, guess what – the car still has exactly the same (K0022) ancient firmware and the problem still continues with the navigation commands :angry:

Unfortunately, due to work commitments, my wife had the ‘pleasure’ of spending over 6 hours in the vicinity of the dealership – the waiting time considerably increased when they eventually diagnosed that a new ball joint would be required.

As you can imagine I was far from happy to discover that my requests for an update to the firmware had been completely ignored and rather concerned that a ball joint has required replacement within such a short period of time.

The dealership, by the way, is the Cheshire Oaks (Inchcape) Audi one. I will be contacting them tomorrow morning to ask why my request was ignored :twisted:

As I gave the car a quick test drive to verify that the navigation problem still occurs I also noted a creaking noise which seems to be coming from the headlining area above the drivers head :(

Two years ago I decided to treat myself to my very first ‘quality’ German car. Given the poor standard of after sales service, and early failure of components, I’m currently wondering why I did :?:

#7 Mark Strong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:02 AM

Software version:
BNav_EU_P0054_D1
Nav. database version:
4G0919884J ECE 5.12.4
Q5 S line Special Edition 2.0 TDI S tronic, Technology package - Low, Ext mirrors electric/fold/heat, Privacy glass, Side window blinds, Interior light package, Heated front seats, Cruise control, Rear side airbags, Hill-hold assist.

#8 ProTurbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

Built 06/11 - MY2012

Attached File(s)

#9 Zippster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:06 AM

i too have the following

Software version:
BNav_EU_P0054_D1
Nav. database version:
4G0919884J ECE 5.12.4

is this the latest? mine is the dvd based one, does the ECE 5.12.5 indicate the HDD version?

cheers
2012 Glacier White Audi Q5 S Line+ Special Edition

#10 migsan

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

Hello!

There's mine from the 2008/Nov Q5 that I bought this month:

Software Version:
HNav_EU_K0022_2_D1

BD Version: 8R0060884_ECE 5.5.5

This should be very old... I have to go to the dealer to see how much the update will cost...
Nov2008 Audi Q5 2.0 TDi 170hp Quattro (MY2009)
Bi-Xenon, MMI 3G + HDD 10GB, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, 19' ten spoke OEM Wheels, Full Leather & electrical seats, Folding mirrors, Heated front seats, Light Package, Storage Package
Mods: S-Line 3-Spoke SW, Debagde, Interior light by Leds, S-Line rear bumper, Black Mate rear badge, Tinted window, S-Line Gearknob, 19x8 ET29 OEM Off-road Q5 Wheels, License Plate OEM Leds, OEM Compact Spare Wheel
Posted Image Portuguese Member

#11 gypsymoth

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hi folks

Couple of questions before I pick up my used 2009 q5 s-line tomorrow:

1) Is the MMI firmware independent of the map version?
2) How much does a firmware update cost? I'm asking the dealer to ensure they update before I arrive
3) I'm struggling to find the latest MMI firmware version on the web... anyone able to provide it?

Many thanks

#12 spijun

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Validating
  • 801 posts
  • LocationSarajevo / Beirut

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

View Postgypsymoth, on 26 October 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

Hi folks

Couple of questions before I pick up my used 2009 q5 s-line tomorrow:

1) Is the MMI firmware independent of the map version?
2) How much does a firmware update cost? I'm asking the dealer to ensure they update before I arrive
3) I'm struggling to find the latest MMI firmware version on the web... anyone able to provide it?

Many thanks

Firmware for MMI update is free - asking the dealer
Map Update 229 ​​EUR + 20-40 EUR for installation last ver. 8R0060884AH. Do not buy on the internet because it's a waste of money
You must go to the Audi dealer to activate map which is on-line

Do not search on web MMI firmware version - how you can use the same

Posted Image
I do not hate people, I hate human stupidity.

Please note: This member has been repeatedly warned for making offensive comments aimed at several forum members. Unfortunately he ignored the warnings and has been banned by Rapidcool

#13 gypsymoth

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

View Postspijun, on 26 October 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

Firmware for MMI update is free - asking the dealer
Map Update 229 ​​EUR + 20-40 EUR for installation last ver. 8R0060884AH. Do not buy on the internet because it's a waste of money
You must go to the Audi dealer to activate map which is on-line

Do not search on web MMI firmware version - how you can use the same

Posted Image

Many thanks

I had a call from the dealer saying that the firmware was up to date, but they would only update the maps from the 2009 version to 2012 for GBP240, so your estimates are nearly the same

It's a shame it costs so much - just depends whether I think UK maps have changes a great deal in 3 years I suppose

cheers

#14 gypsymoth

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

Question - does the 'Europe' map you pasted above also include UK and Ireland? Thanks

#15 spijun

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Validating
  • 801 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

View Postgypsymoth, on 27 October 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

Many thanks

I had a call from the dealer saying that the firmware was up to date, but they would only update the maps from the 2009 version to 2012 for GBP240, so your estimates are nearly the same

It's a shame it costs so much - just depends whether I think UK maps have changes a great deal in 3 years I suppose

cheers

New maps for BMW or Mercedes with a cost equal to or more expensive :mrgreen:

Please note: This member has been repeatedly warned for making offensive comments aimed at several forum members. Unfortunately he ignored the warnings and has been banned by Rapidcool

#16 spijun

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Validating
  • 801 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

View Postgypsymoth, on 27 October 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

Question - does the 'Europe' map you pasted above also include UK and Ireland? Thanks

That includes the UK and Ireland
The difference is the model UK: 2011 POI: 126,340 road: 460.147 km -------------------- 2012 POI: 293,614 roads: 492,281 km

http://www.audi.de/navigation

#17 gypsymoth

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

View Postspijun, on 27 October 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

That includes the UK and Ireland
The difference is the model UK: 2011 POI: 126,340 road: 460.147 km -------------------- 2012 POI: 293,614 roads: 492,281 km

http://www.audi.de/navigation

this is great info - many thanks

#18 derek_c

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Picking my new Q5 MY13 up tomorrow - any idea if the 2013 maps have ben released yet? And if yes, how do I tell??

#19 spijun

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Validating
  • 801 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

View Postderek_c, on 29 January 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Picking my new Q5 MY13 up tomorrow - any idea if the 2013 maps have ben released yet? And if yes, how do I tell??

Pressed in the Setup, then the drop down menu Version:
Nav. database version: 8R0 051 884 AH for 2012 or 8R0 051 884 AR - 2013 Maybe not yet available

The last version of the map on the websites audi.de is 2012 8R0 051 884 AH
In electronic catalog of spare parts there is a version for 2013, but maybe not yet out

#20 mirekmal

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationZielonka, Poland

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

I talked this to my dealer; maps are out and they have these in their hands already. They advised, however, to wait with update for a week or so, as they expect new firmware (220, if I'm not mistaken, already ordered, waiting for media delivery). I'm going to book an appointment for these updates for next Friday... if only whole set is available.
Q5 2.0 TDI(170bhp), S-Tronic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users